350g penne or another type of short pasta
2 x 125g cans Rio Mare Salmon Fillets in Olive Oil
200g young frozen peas
1 unwaxed lemon with a fragrant peel
a handful of mint leaves
40g extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil, adding the salt when the water has reached boiling point. Pour in the penne and cook until ‘al dente’.
2. Slice and lightly sauté the shallots in a large frying pan with the olive oil. Add the peas, season with salt and cook for 10 minutes.
3. While the peas are cooking, finely slice two or three slices of lemon. Cut the slices into small segments and grate the remaining lemon zest.
4. Drain the penne and reserve a little of the pasta cooking water. Add the penne to the peas with a small amount of the pasta cooking water and cook over a low flame for a minute until the flavours are absorbed. Remove from the flame, add the flaked salmon, slices and zest of the lemon and the fresh mint.
• Toss until well combined, season with a generous sprinkling of pepper and serve