Spelt and asparagus salad with Lemon and Black Pepper Tuna
200g pearl spelt
2 x 80g cans Rio Mare Lemon and Black Pepper Tuna
1 bunch of asparagus
4 orange and violet carrots
30g unpeeled almonds
30g extra virgin olive oil
a small bunch of parsley
salt to taste
1. Clean the asparagus and remove the woody bottoms. Place the asparagus in a pot of salted water, leaving the tips sticking out. Cook for 15 minutes from the time that the water starts to boil
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil, add the spelt and cook for about 18 minutes until tender. Drain the spelt in a colander and rinse under a jet of cold water.
3. While the spelt and asparagus are cooking, peel and slice the carrots into thin rounds or half-rounds. Roughly chop the almonds.
4. Combine the carrots and almonds in a bowl, add the chopped parsley, the lemon and pepper tuna with its juice.
5. Drain the asparagus, cutting half of the asparagus lengthwise and the other half into pieces, and add to the other ingredients. Pour in the spelt, seasoned with olive oil, mix well and serve.