Zucchini Flowers Stuffed with Tuna and Ricotta
1 x 160g can Rio Mare Tuna in Olive Oil
12 zucchini flowers
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp flour
4 Tbsp milk
a small bunch of parsley
salt to taste
1. In a bowl, combine the drained tuna with the ricotta, Parmesan cheese and a handful of chopped parsley and mix.
2. Remove the stamens from the blossoms, wash carefully and stuff with the tuna mixture.
3. Beat the egg with the flour and a pinch of salt and add the milk to obtain a creamy batter.
4. Dip the stuffed flowers in the batter. Deep-fry in boiling oil until the flowers are golden brown and crunchy.
5. Remove the flowers with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels to eliminate the excess oil. Serve while piping hot and crunchy.